Wednesday, December 2, 2009

clocks, shmocks.

Although this post has nothing to do with schmocks (mostly because they are nonexistent), it makes me laugh hysterically. Lyle (fiance) insists, even after I have absolutely proved him wrong, that smock (as in an apron you may wear to work) is pronounced shmock.

That's beside the point. My point is, that after since my house incident, I have had to buy everything brand new. Great, right? WRONG. The things I had in that house took all of the 4 years to gather. Having to buy things immediately takes away from the whole idea. The things we have now are great, yes, but they were impulse buys. Things that we needed, and had to buy immediately without getting to hunt, and find things that really suited our needs (cosmetically of course).

The one and only thing that I have had luck finding is clocks. I found our first clock, loved it, bought it. Very well, only days later I would find a clock that I liked better, and instinctively, bought that one as well. Needless to say, I now own about 5 clocks all of which I adore and could never part from. So, I have decided that when our house is finished I am going to make a wall of clocks. I realize how difficult this will be to maintain (batteries, corresponding times, yadda blah) but I love them all, and when I find one I love, I can't help but buy it.

I just wanted to share that, because I just bought another. I will post photo's soon of my collection thus far. That was pointless.

No comments: